Monday, January 14, 2008
posted by Q6 at 8:51 PM
We returned from Winter Break on January 7th, and since that time one of two things has happened: either I returned refreshed, focused, and with a renewed clarity of mind, or everyone got REALLY stupid in two weeks' time.

I've become numb to being the answer-man at my campus, and although I occasionally lament this role, I don't really have a problem with it. I don't, that is, until it becomes my primary job responsibility. Every question I've been presented with lately fits three criteria: it comes from someone who has no earthly business asking me a question, it relates to an issue I have almost no connection to, and it could easily be answered by the resident of any small ant farm. Part of me wants to look at people and say, "I don't know." It's not an answer I often give, but it fits an if-you-can't-beat-them-join-them mentality that I've lately been drawn to. I feel like that last character in "Invasion of the Body Snatchers," where I feel compelled to act like one of the pod people to make my day less nutty. Just one more reason I love working here . . .

. . . he said, sarcastically.

*The River-Phoenix-as-Indiana-Jones line seems fitting not only because the next movie comes out this year, but also because it's genuinely how I feel.