Wednesday, January 10, 2007
posted by Q6 at 5:06 PM
I suppose it's not nice to take advantage of my position--especially at the expense of others--but some people just make it too easy.

(1) After the campus modernization moves through a building, things don't always work as they should. Some complain about it; others--like me--use the situation like a water balloon. The hall lights in one building were mostly off on a very cloudy day.
"Why are most of the hall lights off?" one teacher asked me.
"Well, it's pretty cloudy; the solar cells probably aren't getting enough light," I replied, deadpan. As I walked away, I glanced at the teacher's face as it stared at the ceiling. Yes, she bought it.

(2) There was a minor electrical explosion on campus one recent evening, which caused a bit of panic (one of the splices arced and killed the power to the entire neighborhood for hours). The next day, students were ripe for the picking.
"I heard there was en electrical fire last night!" exclaimed one young lady. "Is it safe now?"
"Oh, yes," I replied, matter-of-factly. "The electrified fence just malfunctioned, but it's all fixed now." Her jaw hung open longer than I expected.

God, sometimes I love this job.
 



3 Comments:


At 12:50 AM, Blogger Unknown

Excellent!

 

At 4:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

You are mean and diabolical.

I wish I had thought of it first.

 

At 3:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

I agree with the girlfriend.