Monday, December 18, 2006
posted by Q6 at 10:01 PM
Toward the end of the day I was told that a parent was on his way in to see me with a complaint: apparently, one of our seventh grade boys sent a degrading, insulting e-mail to his daughter over the weekend.

I am NOT the Assistant Principal of the Internet.

As it turns out, it was actually a text message sent during a birthday party at a movie theater; still, it had nothing to do with the school. I heard the father out as he vented about the kinds of parents that would let their kids use (let alone be exposed to) that kind of language. "They're 12 years old," he said. "How can they already know language like that?" Although I refrained from suggesting that he call the police, as that was really the only agency that jurisdiction over stuff like this, I became concerned when he returned to my office after only a few minutes to tell me that he confronted the young man at dismissal. I explained to him how thoroughly uncool that was, all the while laughing inside about how this young man was probably scared to death to be called on his behavior by the girl's father.

I'm not the AP of your wireless carrier, either.
 



2 Comments:


At 1:38 AM, Blogger Unknown

Oh, yeah, I meant to talk to you about some kids chattering noisily on the bus in the mornings, before I've had my coffee... can you do something about that?

 

At 11:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

The bagger at Trader Joe's charged me extra for my bananas. Get on that sometime this week, yo?