Friday, January 12, 2007
posted by Q6 at 5:08 PM
I had an entire conversation with someone who probably had no earthly idea she was insulting the hell out of me. She's higher in the professional food chain than I am, so I couldn't really call her on it. There it was, however, plain to see.

I was asked today to think about moving from my current office (located in the Administration building) to a completely different building on campus. It's just an idea she's kicking around, she says. While she'd like to think I believe her story about the benefit of stationing administrators all over campus in an effort to better monitor the goings-on at school, I know that she's sick of having the discipline cases lined up in the lobby for every visitor and dignitary to see the moment they walk in. This really couldn't be more professionally insulting. If I were to move out of the building it would feel like a professional demotion under the most unprofessional of circumstances; how else should an administrator feel when asked to consider moving out of the administration building? Things would certainly change there: people would have many more unanswered questions and a lot less fun if I were to be hidden away in some closet somewhere.

(Actually, she gave me the hypothetical choice of the unused ASB conference room or the current Language Arts office. Neither appeal to me.)
 



2 Comments:


At 12:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

We could set you up in one of the larger practice rooms. But something tells me that if our offices were too close to each other, neither one of us would get anything done.

 

At 4:25 PM, Blogger Ms Characterized

How about a hole? Or an 'undisclosed location'? There's always the Living Room...

Ridiculous.