Monday, July 23, 2007
posted by Q6 at 10:08 PM
I told them I was going on vacation. I wasn't specific about plans (I had designs to take a car trip up the coast--staying in motels in Pismo, Morro Bay or Cayucos, and end up in Monterey--but I don't think that'll happen now). I told them my daughter was in town, and I was going to spend time with her. I changed the voicemail message, set the auto-reply on my e-mail, and finished all the pending stuff on my desk. Although I've been reading some of the mail coming through, I've been vigilant about staying on vacation. I haven't responded to anything (nor have I seen anything that requires my immediate attention). It's been nice to keep a distant eye on things and learn to enjoy my time off. By the time I get fully used to it, it'll be time to go back to work.

* Not a bad quote for being in professional hiding, especially since Lucas seems to have settled the once-eternal debate.