Tuesday, June 12, 2007
posted by Q6 at 5:26 PM
My school district hired a private investigator to check me out.

No shit.

It all has to do with the AP Testing last month (of course; because anything stupid and utterly ridiculous in my life at work is connected to those damn tests somehow). It's a long story, but the short version is this: I discovered too late that the district wouldn't pay the hire-in proctors, so on the advice of the school's business office I paid the proctors out of my own pocket and put in for reimbursement . . . which made it look to SOMEONE like I was dipping into the till. The investigator was very nice about the whole thing--he specializes in matters concerning schools--and he said that everything sounded reasonable. We'll see if this month's paycheck includes the reimbursement. Honestly, I expect the district to stiff me on this one. In the end, I followed the school's instructions and got screwed. It's a lot of money; not quite worth it to be able to tell the story, but it is one more reason I can tell people I've just about seen it all in this business.