Monday, May 28, 2007
posted by Q6 at 9:34 PM
Though many at my school site had no idea, I've spent the last few months looking around for other venues of employment. I'd like to think that with eight years of administrative experience under my belt (six of them at a high-end, overactive high school) I'd be something of a commodity. (I can feel my head getting big.) It may actually be my downfall as well: with this many years, I may just be too expensive. I also heard that other districts have been having trouble hiring from the outside (not that the "inbreeding" route of promoting from within has been doing them any better).

Long story short, I've decided to stay here in my current district and assignment. I'll have to put up with an overburdened schedule, undisciplined children, and teachers and administrators with the Captain Kirk, "I-don't-care-if-it-violates-the-laws-of-time-and-space-just-do-it-and-do-it-now" attitude. I get to stay where parents really appreciate me, though, and my fiancee is here. So I'll stick around at least one more year.

* Not the best of the Muppet films, but one I enjoyed.

 



1 Comments:


At 10:08 PM, Blogger Maestro

Sounds like we'll both have our battles. Fojr me, at least, it helps to know you're in the same trench.