Saturday, April 14, 2007
posted by Q6 at 7:12 AM
Spring Break may have been a mistake. I came back to campus for ACT Testing, my first time back at school in a week, and felt very, very strange. This campus seemed so . . . foreign to me. For years my profession has been a very dominant part of my life, and being on campus has felt as normal to me as (sometimes more normal than) being in my own kitchen or living room. For the first time in quite a while, however, I feel like I don't belong here. (I expected to feel like I didn't want to be here, but I didn't expect to feel so alien in my own office.)

One of my teacher friends made an interesting comment about the goings-on at my school of late (his blog comment is around here somewhere . . ). He said that he still felt like toughing it out, but I may be looking at it from a perspective he can't see ("as my office isn't as close to ground zero as yours is").

If he only knew what it looked like.

 



1 Comments:


At 3:35 PM, Blogger Maestro

Well, I'm pretty much stayin away from the office these days... I'm sending students to get my mail & stuff. It will take an Imperial order (or an Imperial absence) to get me down here.