Thursday, June 12, 2008
posted by Q6 at 9:13 PM
I bought a new bike. Wanting to try it out, I rode it to school last Saturday to help the new Test Center Supervisor work her first SAT Test. Five miles there, five miles back--not an easy start back into cycling, but I was in no hurry, so . . .

It was sweet. It only took about 25 minutes each way, and it wasn't a difficult ride at all (well, there's this one hill, but if I shift into a really low gear and pace myself, it's not bad at all). And I thought to myself, If I pack some clothes to keep in the office this week, and I don't pack a whole lot of crap I don't need, why couldn't I ride my bike to work every day? So I have. Since Monday.

As it turns out, I've got a lot of crap in my briefcase I don't need. My clothes don't stay in the backpack too long, so they don't get too wrinkled (and some items will stay at work all week--pants, shoes, a belt). There's plenty of room in my office for it, and it makes a nice conversation piece. Quite a few people have complimented me on my decision to bike to work, especially with gas prices being what they are. Of course, if I'm ever asked to make an impromptu trip to the district office, I'll have to borrow my fiancee's car or something; thing is, there's very little of the school year left, and my "new job" is too far away to do this, so I'm taking advantage of the opportunity while I can.

Naturally, I'll have to take my car when I finally need to move the boxes out of my office . . .
 



1 Comments:


At 7:10 PM, Blogger Unknown

It is really great to do exercise and biking is a great way to do exercise.

Scott Porter (social media marketing West Palm Beach)