Thursday, May 08, 2008
posted by Q6 at 7:20 AM
Oh, for the love of God--I've been MEMEd. OK, here goes:

The rules of the game:
1) The rules of the game get posted at the beginning.
2) Each player answers the questions about themselves.
3) At the end of the post, the player tags 5-6 people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment letting them know they've been tagged and asking them to read your blog.
4) Let the person who tagged you know when you've posted your answer.

1) What were you doing ten years ago?

I had just moved into this house with my first wife and my two kids (then four and six years old), I was finishing up my conversion to Judaism, I was teaching at a high school--my alma mater--thirty miles away, I was driving a beat-up (but very cool) pickup truck, and I was just starting my Masters degree and administrative credential at CSU Long Beach. And it all seems like forty years ago, thank you very much.

2) What are five things on your to-do list today (not in any particular order)?

Get through another day of AP testing; complete the teacher evaluations that will soon be late; check in my son and my daughter for their flights on Friday; go for a nice, realxing walk with my fiancee; and get to bed early. (I never seem to get that last one done.)

3) Snacks I enjoy

Cheetos, Milk Duds, Dr. Pepper, Granny Smith apples, bananas, beef jerky, really sour lemonade, and Sweet Tarts. And I still weigh the same as I did in high school. (If I could bottle and market my metabolism, I'd be a billionaire.)

4) What I would do if I were a billionaire

Star in the commercials for my metabolism elixir; Set my mother up for life (getting her out of work and into a nice house); send one, possibly two, kids to college; get someone else to fix up my house instead of trying to do it myself; get a natural gas/electric hybrid automobile; donate quite a bit of it to the arts; go traveling with my lovely bride to all kinds of places we talk about; and write my books.

5) Three of my bad habits

I don't call my mother or my brother nearly as much as I should; I don't remember anybody's birthday; I finish about 40% of what I start.

6) Five places I have lived

Redondo Beach, CA
Gardena, CA
Long Beach, CA
Irvine, CA
and, occasionally, in La-La-Land.

7) Five jobs I have had

Food Preparer at Burger King; Gardena, CA (and it's no longer there)
Racetrack Announcer at Ascot Raceway; Gardena, CA (and it's no longer there)
Video Rental Manager at The WhereHouse; Torrance, CA (and it's no longer there)
Accounts Payable clerk at HQ Office Supplies; Long Beach, CA (and it's no longer there)
Office Manager at a real estate office; Long Beach, CA (and it's no longer there)


I'll have to get to it later, but since OKP has more or less tagged my entire blogroll, I'll hit up The Alcatraz Kid, Q6girl (who will have to do this on her MySpace page), and Mark . . .
 



2 Comments:


At 7:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

Um, please don't leave your current post. I, um, kinda want to keep my job.

 

At 10:03 PM, Blogger Dr. Psych

Yeah...please don't leave. Although I might not be there next year I would hate to see so many people out of a job.