Thursday, June 15, 2006
posted by Q6 at 4:02 PM
I had the pleasure recently to partcipate in a discussion on Internet safety. I was asked to attend, quite unexpectedly, by the Bureau of Jewish Education here in Orange County (someone in the group knows a friend of mine, who dropped my name). It was more of a planning meeting for an event the Bureau plans to hold next April. Several people were there, including representatives from local synagogues, the local police, and the ADL. After about two hours of discussion (and I didn't hold back--I've got several hours of monologue on this subject), one of the Bureau members said exactly the right thing: "It sounds to me like we need to change our focus a bit; we need to direct more of this toward the parents."

I'll continue to help them out as best I can; but my job seems done here.