Thursday, September 15, 2005
posted by Q6 at 10:29 PM
The list of things I'm responsible for isn't particularly long or difficult, but it's eclectic. One of the events I'm responsible for is Back-to-School Night. I plan it, I execute it, and then I make a big list of things I need to do better next year. Then I lose the list and screw the exact same things up the following year. It's not a perfect system, but it works for me.

Actually, things went quite well this evening. Many teachers showed up (even some who don't usually appear at this event), and it was attended by the largest crowd of parents I've seen in five years. Much of that has to do, I'm sure, with the change of administration. Many parents said to me how much they enjoyed the event, enjoyed the school, and were pleased to have their kids attending our school. I'm still amazed at how well this year is going.

The biggest relief of all, however, I found out very late in the evening. For the last week, we were trying to decide which teacher would have to be released when the enrollment numbers were finalized. We knew we were low; we've known all along. We knew a teacher was going to be lost. Our principal, however, spent most of the day at the district office and told me this evening that they are not going to make us cut anyone. (We had someone in mind, of course; but now that she's staying, perhaps her mentor teacher can do something with her . . . )
 



1 Comments:


At 6:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

Dude. "Something" indeed.