Monday, September 05, 2005
posted by Q6 at 9:40 PM
The first day of a school year can be very rewarding and very hectic at the same time. If experience has taught me anything, it's that you plan as much as possible to eliminate potential problems WITHOUT suffering from hubris. Problems will always occur. The unwritten rule in any successful school is that in the 180 days of a school year you're allowed to screw a few of them up.

Nonetheless, our staff is motivated, prepared, and ready to go. Over the last several days--including the entire weekend including Labor Day (which lives up to its name in the field of Education)--teachers have been in their rooms, students and parents have been scouting the campus and decorating lockers, and I've been in my office preparing for the deluge of questions, requests, problems, and other things that are bound to come my way in the next few days. I'm as prepared as I can be, and that's all I can ask of anyone, myself included.
 



1 Comments:


At 10:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.